Hello there! I'm Jo-Ann. Thanks for stopping by my little nook. :D
I may not have any formal culinary training but I do have a passion for food, baking and travel which I hope to share with you. My cooking/baking experiences come from reading lots of food blogs, cookbooks and magazines and following the recipes, trial and error. I could pore over them for hours without getting bored, gazing with envy at all the spectacular food photography and styling. There are SO many talented food bloggers out there that I greatly admire. The strange thing is, I want to recreate the dishes and desserts more than to eat them. There is just something about being able to complete a savory meal or a beautiful dessert like a work of art and sharing your food with others that give you a nice sense of accomplishment.
Stay around and hopefully, you find some recipes you'll enjoy on my blog. Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated! :D
I own all images posted on this site so please do ask for permission before using them.
10 random things about me
1. I'm technologically challenged. Don't ask me how to use an iphone, ipod, ipad, any galaxy notes, tablets or whatever new mobile phones or gadgets are currently on the market.
2. I realized I wanted to go to culinary school during my freshman year at university. Unfortunately, my father didn't think working in a kitchen is much of a career so I slaved for five years to finish a degree in Computer Engineering that I really have no passion for. My ultimate dream is still to go to a culinary school, be a chef and work in a professional kitchen.
3. Most women would talk about fashion, make-up or go shopping. Not me. You'd most likely find me in the supermarket, wandering between aisle after aisle, looking at the imported goods, baking ingredients and fresh produce available. Or in the department store checking out the table napkins, dining ware and kitchen equipment.
4. I've become a hoarder of sorts ever since I started this blog. (See #3 above) Add cookbooks and food magazines to that list.
5. I have a fear of heights. One day, I hope to conquer that fear by going skydiving or bungee jumping
6. Food and recipes are always on my mind that sometimes I wake up and cook/bake in the middle of the night. Then go back to sleep.
7. My top travel bucket list :
Enjoy the stunning views in Santorini, perhaps maybe a ride on a donkey up the steep hills!
Ride a camel and visit the pyramids in Egypt
Go on a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia, Turkey
Take a Tiger Moth aerobatic joy flight in Brisbane
8. I get cranky when I'm hungry. Feed me then I'm happy.
9. My guinea pigs are my colleagues at work. They are my critics.
10. I am happiest when I'm cooking for the people I care about, when I'm eating good food and when I travel to new places.