Monday, April 22, 2013

Little NONKI



I've been feeling crappy for the last two days. My sniffles have turned into a full blown cold with cough. Lucky I don't have a fever. I had a small breakfast, just some fruits and I skipped lunch. I didn't feel like eating at all but after much prodding from my mom to eat something, I finally gave in. We decided to share a bento and veggies at Little Nonki yesterday.




Restaurant: LITTLE NONKI 
Location: Upper G/F SM Mall, Cebu City
Open during mall hours (10:00 AM - 9:00 PM)
Other branches: A.S. Fortuna, Bakilid, Mandaue City
Contact Number: (6332) 422-3159



Little NONKI is my favorite Japanese restaurant. I've been there several times since my first visit. They offer fresh and good quality ingredients, service is swift and the prices reasonable with a good serving portion. Its cheaper compared to the other Japanese restaurants. The menu is also fairly extensive. They have bento boxes for those who love Japanese food but don't care to eat raw fish like me. I particularly like the Tonkatsu Bento Box.



Tonkatsu Bento Box (PHP 220.00 + service charge) includes rice, 
a bowl of miso soup with wakame (seaweed) and tofu


Two pieces of California Maki, a Japanese potato salad 
and a sweet Tamago Yaki (Japanese Rolled Omelette) as sides


Nicely breaded pork cutlet in Panko crumbs
 and hiding underneath it, a refreshing coleslaw salad
The Tonkatsu meat was tender and tasty.


Small serving of Yasai Itame (Vegetable stir-fry)


More Yasai Itame for my mom (Yes, we love our veggies.)

Yasai Itame Vegetable Stir-fry (PHP 110.00) + SC
The vegetables were cooked through but were still nicely crisp.


Complimentary hot Genmaicha tea (Green Tea with Roasted Rice)


Don't pass it by. Little Nonki is a decent restaurant that simply gives the best value for your money if you want good authentic Japanese cuisine.