Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cafe George

Greek Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (PHP 210)

THE RESTAURANT 
Let me just start this off by saying that Cafe George is THE BEST PLACE to go to for a salad or a light healthy lunch in Cebu City.
 What started as a small coffee and dessert shop has expanded over the years into a successful restaurant that offers a good assortment of salads, sandwiches, entrees and desserts. 
The restaurant interior has a flair of modern French country design with a neutral color palette that looks clean and elegant. The atmosphere feels chic, comfortable and inviting. The design oozes of French country charm.


THE FOOD or should I say, THE SALADS
I'm all about a big salad. Just look at that thing! It's even bigger than my face! But take a bite of this Greek Salad and it will transport you to the beautiful islands of Santorini, Greece. That is the effect it has on me. I'd eat the whole platter by myself. No sharing please.

Crisp greens, juicy tomatoes and cucumber are tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette and accentuated with melt-in-your mouth feta cheese, black olives and the sharp but sweet pickled red onions (a very nice addition). It was so so good!

Mango Tahini Salad (PHP 210)

My husband, on the other hand, became addicted to their Mango Tahini Salad. This salad has the perfect balance of flavor and texture from the sweet soft mangoes, fresh crisp lettuce, cucumber, slivers of jicama with the crunch of the cashew nuts all tied together with a tangy but sweet yogurt tahini dressing (no mayo in sight). Very light and refreshing!

Cafe George is my go-to place to eat if I'm in the mood for something light and healthy. I cannot get enough of this restaurant. When my husband was here last February, we practically became regular customers. Simply the best salads I've ever had! Beautiful, colorful, fresh and served with a very generous portion.

Red Velvet Cake 
The restaurant also serves some of the best cakes in the city. I have had my fair share of red velvet cakes and cupcakes from different places and this one here tops them all. Super moist, soft, divine with that dramatic deep red color, this Red Velvet is to die for! And that luscious cream cheese frosting? It's the best part. I practically had to fight my hubby to get some of that frosting. He didn't want to share it. Obviously. He even accused me of being sneaky for slowly attacking his slice after finishing mine.

Cafe George never disappoints on the standard of food and service. It always gives you a good value for your money. If you're planning to visit, it's best to make a reservation ahead since the place is always busy and packed during lunch and dinner. 


CAFE GEORGE
Location: Banilad, Cebu City 6000 Philippines
Contact Number:  (+6332) 234-0887