Friday, March 22, 2013

Biting More Than You Can Swallow



I know I've been MIA for a while. I started off really excited, strong and dedicated to  my blog and it was beginning to grow like I wanted it to. And then...nothing. for almost 4 months. It's the dreaded blogger's burnout. I know I should make time for my blog after all that trouble of building it but it came to a point where I felt like I needed a break. A long holiday.


I really do love what I do but it was getting harder to handle everything together. Working all day at work from Monday till Friday. Studying for the Dutch Inburgerings Exam so I can be with my husband in the Netherlands. Making time for my husband online when we have a 6 hour time difference (which means a lot of chatting after midnight on a weekday and more chatting on weekends). Keeping up this blog as often as I can. 

Well, it just all became too much for me. I had bitten off more than I could chew and I was choking. Something has got to give in the end. So I took a break.

I stayed away and it made me feel better. I feel refreshed. But now I'm back. This is where my heart belongs. This is what I want to do, cooking, traveling and sharing it with you. It helps me be creative, be passionate about something.

So I'm going to try to blog again. It might not be as often as before but who knows. I'm  just going to take it slowly.

I'd like to take you somewhere beautiful and romantic in my next travel post. It's about time I share this.  Here's a clue. 


Oh, something delicious is also coming your way soon