It's a lazy weekend. After a series of nights, weeks even, of getting only 5-6 hours of sleep, I am honestly exhausted and really happy that the weekend is finally here. No work to think about! Just a day with no obligations whatsoever! It's one of those days when all you want to do is lay on your bed, sleep as long as you want, wake up whenever you want, eat a late breakfast or lunch and do whatever you want. Some people might even call it the "pajama day" without ever changing their clothes or taking a shower. Okay, that might be a little bit TOO lazy for me. With the hot and humid weather here that can sometimes seem unbearable on some days, a daily shower is a MUST.
Here's a list of things I could think of to do on a lazy day:
1. Sleep, sleep, sleep!
2. Take it easy and enjoy a nice lunch in the middle of a market and then buy some fresh produce.
3. Have a cup of hot cappuccino, sitting outside a cafe and watch the world go by.
4. Grab your swimsuit, beach towel and hat and spend a quiet day at the beach.
5. Watch a marathon of your favorite tv series, shows (MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA!) or movies.
6. Get comfy on the couch and read a good book.
Lazy Banana Split is perfect for those lazy weekends as it's a breeze to make. What do you like to do on a lazy day?
Vanilla Almond Caramel ice cream (or any flavor you prefer)
handful of roasted peanuts, chopped roughly
chocolate sauce or any store-bought fudge sauce
Slice the banana in half, lengthwise. Scoop some ice cream and put in between the banana slices.