Friday, March 8, 2013

Exciting News!


I had been hiding the past few months. My last post was still around November! Can you believe it?! But I had been busy, studying Dutch and also preparing some stuff for something life-changing. 


We got hitched!

It might not have been the garden wedding I'd always dreamed of but I know I found a wonderful man who accepts me and loves me for all that I am, someone I love and want to share the rest of my life with and that's the only thing that matters.

Plus it saved us all the stress (and money) of having a big fat wedding.

Just family, a few relatives and friends at work, trying to keep it small, sweet and simple in a civil wedding ceremony.


So here we are with the Mayor of Cebu after the ceremony. 
Well, that went smoothly and quickly too. 
Thank goodness. It was over in like 10-15 mins., no kidding!


Now that we got that out of the way, we can finally relax and enjoy our vacation together, and what better way to spend our honeymoon than to visit a tropical paradise in the Philippines.

Boracay Island

Boracay may be flooded with tourists from all over the world but this little pocket of paradise still remains an old favorite and ranks among the best beaches in Asia.


With powdery white sands and coconut trees swaying in the breeze, it offers something for everyone from the beautiful beaches to relaxing spas to water sports and adventure. 
The other side of the island is a favorite spot among Kite Boarding enthusiasts.


28 degrees Celsuis - just perfect for the beach and for great swimming. The 4.5 mile  stretch of beach is lined up with restaurants, cafes, bars and hotels. 

If you ever needed to cool off a bit, you can always head to 
FIC(Fruits in Ice Cream) and indulge in a Banoffee Sundae treat. 

ABSOLUTELY YUM! 

Huge scoops of vanilla and caramel ice cream with banana slices, chocolate and caramel sauce, sprinkled with crushed graham crackers.


My hubby only knows too well my love for food. He sometimes even teases me that food comes first in my list of priorities before "anyone" or anything else. He knows he's number 1 but what can I say, I love to eat! I also get cranky when I get hungry.

One of our favorite restaurants in Boracay is LEMONI CAFE.

OMG. The. Best. Breakfast. Meals. Ever. In. Boracay!

Seriously, I could eat there everyday if it wouldn't burn a hole in my wallet.

Vanilla French Toast with tropical fruits, granola topped with yogurt and raspberry coulis


My favorite ideal breakfast - 
Simply scrambled eggs with tomatoes and a dash of black pepper
with homemade bread 


After spending hours walking, swimming and more walking, we grabbed a quick bite for lunch at popular Manana Mexican Restaurant.  

 Enchilada Vegetarian Platter with 3 sauces



Pollo a la Mexicana with Black Bean Rice

(A word of advise for those planning to visit Boracay, it's best to stay in Station 1 or 2 if you hate walking for half an hour everyday for lunch and dinner.)

Just as we were leaving the restaurant, look what we found...sombreros and blankets!
He wasn't too thrilled but I couldn't resist it! Look at that face. lol.


After 4 days and 3 nights of swimming, plenty of sunshine, a tan and 5 extra pounds plus a muffin top, we were ready to say goodbye to Boracay and move on to our next adventure!


Farewell Boracay.....Hello, Nalusuan Island!

Click on the photo below to continue.
Nalusuan Island and Marine Sanctuary